Pros to going to law school:
- it's something I've always planned on doing
- meet a new group of people
- get to make a difference vs. teaching students semicolons for the rest of my life
- I think I'd be good at it
- I could still go back to teaching (law)
- it's impossible to get a job teaching poetry right now and my book just isn't getting published
Cons to going to law school:
- more debt
- time involved in another degree
- what if this isn't what I want to do either?
- neglecting poetry and teaching
Anyway, I applied to Duquesne and Pitt. I don't really want to leave the city since I own a house and my family/horses etc. are here. Duquesne's easier to get into, but it would be a huge investment in money! Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.
P.S. On the topic of addiction, I deactivated my facebook account today. Do I really need to keep searching Mo's picture and his friends? Do I really care what my high school classmate is doing? The truth is that it's fun, but I want to live in the now! I want to get out and meet new people and not hang onto people from my past that I'll likely never see again. So, if you've found your way here, you're probably someone I care about keeping around. Help me stay away from facebook!