Friday, February 5, 2010

Have You Googled Yourself Lately?

I keep thinking about what I want this blog to be. Partly it's a place to keep my friends updated. Partly I'd like to make new friends. I'd also like to hold myself accountable. I think what I mean by that is I want to have a place, a community of sorts, where people judge my actions. They're honest about what I'm doing, what I'm saying, and how the feel about those things. So for now, one of the things I want to do here is figure out what kind of person I want to be. I tend to define myself in relation to others, and I don't think that's entirely bad because it means I'm not always thinking of myself. But who do I want to be? Next time I google my own name, I want to find fantastic and amazing things about myself! Starting today I'm going to do things that help me interact with others on a regular basis. I'm not going to choose to be alone. Volunteer? Date? Run outdoors more? Meet the neighbors? This is my late resolution for the year to get out there and get going!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment