Wednesday, March 17, 2010

No One Over 25 Should Wear Flip Flops

Well, that's what my 40-something officemate told me today. Damn. I'm in trouble. I've been coveting my Rainbows and Reefs for the last few weeks. I can't wait to bust out the sandals, flip flops, open-toed shoes, and the like. Am I really too old? Did I live in Florida too long? What happens when I want to wear my "dressy" leather Minnetonka flip flops to class?! On a side note, what do you do when someone says something you don't agree with at all? In fact, it's something that could be insulting to you. Do you smile and nod? I did. I laughed and smiled, indicating that I believe in a flip flop-free world for the middle-aged. And yet, I do not. I'm sorry dear sandals. I guess I'll be the crazy hippy 80-year old rocking the flip flops, and I don't care a bit!

2 comments:

  1. That's totally bullshit. There's no age limit on flip flops. Wear 'em proudly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I guess I only have one more year left. I'm wearing a pair now. Spring is almost here. Yay!

    ReplyDelete