Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Break from What Exactly?

Spring Break officially started today. Well, it started for me on Thursday evening, and I don't go back until the 16th. Sounds nice, right? Not exactly. Mo and I were supposed to be looking at wedding venues this week after we went to his med school interview at WVU. Instead, I'm grading papers and watching Grand Theft Parsons alone. You know what though? It could be worse!

It's hard for me to take a break. I can't really sit still, let alone not have plans for the next nine days. So, my break isn't really from work. I'm going to grade SATs, write book reviews, work for Smarthinking, teach my online class...well, you get the idea. But I'm also going to have some fun too.


Yesterday I bought a snazzy new camera bag for the photography class I signed up for that starts on Monday. It's at CCAC, and I'm really looking forward to taking the class as well as possibly meeting some new people. Today I went to another community education class at CCAC about making fresh mozzarella! Although my stomach hurts from the caprese salad, the mozzarella roulades, and the homemade foccacia bread with olive tapenade, I enjoyed every minute of it.

And there's good news. My radar is not entirely defunct. There was a sincere man near my age at the mozzarella class who was there with his mother. He had served in Iraq and recently returned home to finish a degree in Pittsburgh. He has the kind of face that comes alive when he smiles and he blushes when he talks. I sure wish I could see him again. All I know is his name is Patrick, and that it was enough for today. It was enough to know that there was still a familiar feeling of attraction stirring somewhere deep down for someone/anyone new.

No comments:

Post a Comment