Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm Too Sexy

One of the greatest things Mo gave me for this summer was: time.  I have no idea how I could have survived another semester of driving to his crappy apartment and getting up at 4 a.m. to rush home to feed the dog.  He refused to get up early with me (or even compromise) and insisted on only having time to hang out at 11 at night until ungodly hours of the morning.  I was honestly in pain every day by the end of my time teaching.

Here's my schedule right now:

*  Get up between 5:30 and 6:30 (depends on how far I'm running)
*  Run/work Out
* 7:30-8 Breakfast (I'm trying to be really healthy before school starts, so I'm actually cooking eggs, etc.)
* 8-5:00 Work on Smarthinking (mixed with online teaching at South, reading law books, doing email, etc.)
* 5-9:00 Work on Grading/South online teaching
* 9-10:00 Live Office Hours at AIU
*10-11:00 Grading/teaching AIU
* 11-midnight Live Teaching at AIU (I sit online with a very attractive microphone talking to myself)

Then I try and sleep and do it all over again.  In order for me to "do" anything else, I have to take off work.  So, if I want to go out for the evening or go to the barn, I either need to take my laptop or request off work.  When in the world would I have had time to stress over the lies and betrayals of Mo?

Yet, of course, there are moments when I'm incredibly lonely!  I especially feel this way when I have plans and they are changed.  I honestly wonder: will I ever be with anyone in a relationship again?  My mom pointed out that it was crazy to see my college friend (thanks for visiting S!) with a minivan and three kids.  And my dad said, "Well, that's normal for her age."  Okay, thanks, Dad.  Glad to know I'm not normal to you.

As I was running yesterday at six in the morning, feeling especially blah, I slogged past a man who was listening to his iPod at the bus stop.  Under her breath, he let out, "Sexxxxy."  It was rude, inappropriate, and creepy.  But thanks goodness, I thought...  at least someone still thinks I'm sexy.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I can assure you it's not normal... I suppose it's common to have 1 child at this age, but I only have one other friend our age with 3 kids and no others with minivans! My local friends are all older than we are. :) I still have lots of friends who are unhitched.

    On another note, thank you so much for inviting us over. The boys loved the horses. You should be on the lookout for a thank you package soon. I just have to get everything together - hopefully some time this coming week. It was great to see you!

    ReplyDelete