Sunday, July 4, 2010

Vacation? What Vacation?

One of the things that I've constantly read in the books about preparing for law school is that I should be relaxing this summer to prepare for the chaos of the fall semester.  Relax?  I think I've mentioned before that I don't know how to do that. 

Right now I'm teaching two classes online, going through orientation for a new teaching job online, tutoring online, riding horses, reading law school prep books, and....redecorating!

For some reason this week I just decided that I hate everything in my house.  Well, not everything.  But I need a change.  Honestly, I think it's a delayed reaction and reclaiming of my space.  When I moved to Pittsburgh it was great.  I had no memories here, nothing reminded me of the jerk I left in Florida, and I could start new.  Now the problem is that everything here reminds me of Mo.  Last Fourth of July we went to Altoona on the train.  It was an amazing trip when we did absolutely nothing and had a great time.  We planned to take a trip on the train each year.  This year was going to be to a place that began with the letter "B."  We'd work our way through the alphabet from A to Z.  Like my friend Carly asked...where does the good go? That was a truly good day.  Or was it?  There were so many underlying insecurities and lies on that day that what I was living wasn't even true in a way.

Well, I'll tell you what's true today: new lamps, new pillows, new bookcases, new decorations in the bathroom, new teapots, new plants, new pictures, and a wonderful new color in my third bedroom.  If you've never been to my house you won't know this, but my third bedroom is a tiny space that I've turned into a sort of walk-in closet. I've painted it dark red today, hung chandeliers, put in new drapes and mirrors, and gosh darn it, it's awesome!  You should come visit my new life.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! Sometimes it's nice to start over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, doll! This past week was straight out of a stress cluster eff but I promise we're going to catch up this week <3

    ReplyDelete